All of the features in the general description are included in EVERY home we build. This list has been put together based upon listening to our customers’ wants and needs as well as experiences of over 15 years of building custom homes. We are confident that you won’t find another home builder that includes this many features in their standard home package.
Typical Construction Specifications
1. Permits and Drawings
* Plans and Working Drawings Provided
* Building permit and fees included
2. Site Construction
* Site work packages include Site Planning, Clearing, Excavation / Backfill Foundation, Grading, Footing, Gravel Driveway as per town approved specifications, City Water, City Sewer, Underground Utilities (Electric, Phone, Cable TV)
The items listed above are priced according to individual site conditions.
**Price does not include blasting, removal of material if necessary, or additional fill / topsoil.
* Grading and seeding of disturbed areas on finished grade. Preparation of the lawn will be performed once and consist of spreading loam, machine raking not to exceed 40 ft. from house perimeter.
* Shrubbery will consist of 8 assorted shrubs selected by the landscaper.
* Concrete Footings: 10 inch thick x 16 inch wide, 3,000 psi
* Concrete Walls: 10 inch thick x Approximately 8 ft. High, 3,000 psi with metal buck windows according to plan. Snap ties to be broken off and the exterior house walls to be waterproofed with polymer-enhanced asphalt liquid-applied membrane.
* Garage Walls: 10 inch thick x 42 inch high, 3,000 psi. Snap ties to be broken off and wall will not be waterproofed.
* Garage Floor: 4 inch thick concrete floor, 3,000 psi
* Basement Floor: 4 inch concrete floor, 3,000 psi
Walk Out Basement
Door at Bottom of Hatchway
* Sills (Main House): 2 inch x 6 inch pressure treated (on concrete foundation) with sill sealer at concrete.
* Sills (Garage): 2 inch x 4 inch pressure treated (on concrete foundation) with sill sealer at concrete.
* Sills (other) & Plates: 2 inch x 6 inch and 2 inch x 4 inch Spruce or Doug Fir.
* Exterior Walls: Tyvek (or equal) on all exterior walls
* Interior Walls: 2 inch x 4 inch Spruce or Doug Fir 16 in. o/c
* Floor, Ceiling, and Roof: 2 inch x (see plan for sizing and spacing) Spruce or Douglas Fir
* Exterior Wall & Roof Sheathing: 1/2 inch plywood
* Garage Walls: 2 inch x 4 inch Spruce or Doug Fir 16 inch o/c
* Decking: 3/4 inch tongue and groove nailed to the joints
Custom size and design pressure treated wood decks (Allowance based on plan selected)
* Shingles: 30 year Architectural shingles
7. Siding & Exterior Trim
* Siding: Contractor grade double 4 inch exposure maintenance free vinyl siding
* Corner Boards: Vinyl Corner Boards
* Exterior Trim: Exterior trim is covered in Aluminum
* Gutters: Aluminum gutters and down spurts to match trim and siding
Shutters: Girardin Colonial shutters in Louver of Panel Style as per plan
8. Windows & Exterior Doors
* Window: Maintenance-free thermal insulated double hung vinyl windows with screens and decorative grids per plan
* Main Entry Door: Steel Insulated with design per plan
* Exterior Locksets: Front door-Sclage lever handle with deadbolt. Garage to House door and service doors: Schlage lockst keyed to match front door
* Patio Doors: All vinyl sliding patio door with screen door and frills per plan
* Garage Doors: Raised panel steel overhead doors with 10 year factory finish
9. Fire Place
* Fireplace: Pre-engineered wood burning metal fireplace with wood framed chimney chase
* Hearth: Flush, Ceramic Tile
Brick framed chimney chase, Granite hearth
* Per Town Code
* System: heating is provided by complete Forced Air System
* Central Air Conditioning
* All water lines to be copper or plastic
* Drain, Waste & Vent: PVC piping will be used
* Exterior Faucet: Frost Free, One in front, one in rear of house
* Clothes Washer: Hot and Cold water and drain connection
* Dish Washer: Hook-up provided
* Kitchen Sink Allowance based on selected plan
* Vanity Sink & Toilets: Allowance based on plan selected
* Family Bath Tub: Allowance based on plan selected
* Master Bath Shower: Allowance based on plan selected
* Master Bath Tub: Allowance based on plan selected
* Interior Faucet: Allowance based on plan selected
Plumbing for ice maker to refrigerator location
Garbage disposal in sink, Erator Badger 1 model
Plumbing allowance will be based on plan selected
* Service: 200 Amp electrical service
* Wiring: Copper electrical
* Telephone: Bedrooms and Kitchen Wired
* Cable TV: Bedrooms and Family Room wired
* Light Fixtures: Allowance based on plan selected
* Recessed Lights: Determined by plan selected
* Exterior Lights: Exterior LIght Fixture at each exterior door
* Door Bell: (included in electrical allowance)
* Smoke Detectors:Hard Wired / Battery Operated per code
* Outlets and Switches: As per code
* Ventilation Fans: Provided in bathrooms without windows
* Clothes Dryer Duct: Dryer Ducted to exterior
* Special Outlets: For garage door opener. Outlets at clothes dryer, washer and range
* Weatherproof at front and rear doors (GFI)
Central Vacuum, Rough in or complete
Outlet for microwave
Flood Lights, additional fixtures, ceiling fan boxes
* Wallboard Interior: 1/2 inch Gypsum Board finished smooth with 3 coats of taping
* Wallboard Interior: 5/8 inch fire rated Gypsum board on structure between garage and living areas
* Ceilings: Sprayed textured ceilings
* Walls: One coat primer, one coat finish flat latex. One color
* Interior Trim & Doors: Two coats semi gloss finish. One color
* Stair railings: Two coats polyurethane
* Front Door: Choice of Color. All Interior Doors White
* Interior Doors: Premdor (or equal) colonist, 6 panel, hollow core.
* Interior Locksets: Bedrooms and Bathrooms – Schlage privacy, brass, Plymouth design. All other swinging passage, brass, Plymouth design.
* Door Casings: 2 1/2 inch finger jointed colonial door casing
* Window Casings: 2 1/2 inch finger jointed jointed colonial picture frame casing
* Closet Shelving: Vinyl coated wire shelving provided in closets
17. Stairs & Railings
* Main Stairs: Oak stingers (closed) and poplar risers with oak treads
* Railings: oak hand Rail installed on half wall at stairs
* Basement Stairs: Al pine box per code with handrail
* Bedrooms: Wall to Wall 100% Nylon continuous filament in choice of one color installed over 8 pound bonded polyurethane pad.
* Entry Foyer, Baths & Kitchen: Ceramic Tile (Allowance will be given)
Upgrade packages available for carpet, hardwood and ceramics
19. Cabinets, Vanities & Countertops
* Allowances given per home plan selected
Full upgrade packages available to include cabinetry and countertops
(Granite, Corian, Ceramic Backsplashes and Designer Cabinetry)
20. Change Orders
Any change orders made by buyer to the standard specifications will require and executed change order form prior to the work commencing.